Property taxes on commercial real estate are among the highest annual expense you are likely to incur. As a commercial property tax owner, it is important to protest your valuation every year so your value stays in line and your expenses remain at a minimum.
At Advaloremtax.net, we use our thorough understanding of every allowable appraisal method (income, cost and market approach) to ensure that all properties are uniformly and equally appraised which lets us maximize your tax savings.
Business Personal Property
Texas Property Code mandates that Business Personal Property (BPP) be rendered annually. By definition, BBP includes “items that can be owned, but are not attached to the land”; essentially, property that is used to produce income. Your BPP value can have a significant impact on your bottom line. However, the IRS and your local County Appraisal District uses different methods and schedules to assign values to your BPP.
At Advaloremtax.net, we understand how your county depreciation schedules are applied to different types of equipment and inventory. We also have a working knowledge of county depreciation schedules and know how to interpret and classify them as necessary to ensure a correctly rendered BPP for you.
The Advaloremtax.net process is clear and proven.
- work with you to establish an operating plan
- obtain pertinent property data
- compile operating data
- perform site inspection and interview the property manager
- determine the assessor’s method used to establish current value
- analyze values for comparable properties
- establish your property’s tax position and appeal considerations
- present your appeal to assessment officials and make a formal appeal if necessary
- communicate appeal results directly with you and discuss the feasibility of pursuing further relief
Put the experts at Advaloremtax.net to work for you. We can ensure you pay the least required by law and make sure your assessment is correct year after year. We have
- a thorough knowledge of local tax law procedures, accounting, & valuation
- a secure, proprietary online tax reporting database
- 25+ years of market and industry experience
- a reputation for being among the most respected property tax consulting firms in Texas
A partial listing of our Commercial Services includes:
- income analysis
- cost analysis
- prior-year correction motions
- pre-acquisition estimates
- bankruptcy support
- tax bill administration
- inventory (bulk) valuation
- Freeport exemptions
- annual tax budgets
- abatements & exemption
- business personal property (BPP)
- BPP audits & analysis
- litigation support
- ghost asset identification